I wrote a post a few months ago titled, “Power of Music: Writing Technique.” Short, sweet. In the post I’d included a playlist of songs I listen to when writing. Now, not every writer uses music to help with their creativity. Several I’ve talked to say the music would be distracting, because they’d want to tip back their writing chair and dance! Others would become too tearful or find it impossible to work.
However, if you’re a writer like me, you find music useful! In fact, it can be difficult to write without music.
I enjoyed writing that post. I enjoyed compiling a list of songs from my writing playlist, that I’ve decided to create a new list with fresh songs! Here’s ten songs I listen to. Feel free to post any you like to listen to while writing in the comments below!
1.”Roll Away Your Stone” by Mumford & Sons
2. “Hallelujah” by Rufus Wainwright
3. “Pictures at an Exhibition” by The Piano Guys
4. “September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire
5. “Wasn’t Expecting That” by Jamie Lawson
6. “A Thousand Years” by The Piano Guys
7. “Come On, Eileen” by Dexys Midnight Runners
8. “Dance With Me” by Dario Marianelli
9. “Hold Back the River” by James Bay
10. “Hooked on a Feeling” by Blue Swede