Sometimes music helps the creativity flow. I listen to classical and romantic music when setting the mood for a scene or a piece. Sometimes, I listen to fun, party music when writing joyful pieces, or melancholy songs when writing poetry. Listening to music can help when plotting out a novel, working on character charts, or struggling with a scene. Do you listen to music when you write?
Here’s ten songs I keep on my playlist. Feel free to leave some of your favorites in the comments.
1.”Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5
2. “Build Me Up, Buttercup” by The Foundations
3. “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” by Franki Valli & the Four Seasons
4. “Love Story” by The Piano Guys
5. “Budapest” by George Ezra
6. “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
7. “Come to Me” by the Goo Goo Dolls
8. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley
9. “Lay Me Down” by Sam Smith
10. “Rumor Has It” by Adele