For fans of dark urban fantasy comes a novel that questions why forbidden fruit is always the most tempting…
A vampire-themed masquerade party isn’t really her scene, but Nora is sick of frat parties and bars. When she meets Alec, the appeal suddenly becomes clear. It’s obvious that they’ve been struck by the same intense mutual attraction, but Alec keeps his distance. Intrigued despite herself, Nora pushes a little deeper — and discovers Alec’s unimaginable secret…
Nora is not afraid of following Alec into the darkness, but the choice is soon taken from her. Someone is hunting her — someone tied to the secret and desperate to see it play out. But when Nora finally meets her aggressor, she finds herself hopelessly drawn to him. She needs to make a choice between the two men, but can she save them both, knowing one is destined to die?
1. Katherine: How would you describe yourself?
I’m just a girl. I have a hard time describing myself as anything more than that, because I pretty much go to school, read, and you know, try to save the world. Like any girl.
2. Katherine: What is your greatest aspiration?
To pass statistics. I have fought monsters and I know there’s more to come, but I don’t think I’ll survive any more z-scores.
3. Katherine: Would you prefer a quiet sanctuary or a crowded gathering?
Definitely quiet. I don’t have a lot of friends. I’m a nerdy girl who loves the stacks of old books in the library and the peaceful walks around campus in late autumn. Those things make me happier than crowds.
4. Katherine: What is your favorite pastime?
Reading. I love stories.
5. Katherine: What would you say is your most likeable characteristic?
Well, I did save the world. People should totally like me for that. Also, I can recite the fifty states in alphabetical order.
6. Katherine: Do you have any hidden secrets? You can tell me. I won’t go and share it with others. *Chuckles*
Well, I do… but it’s a big one. Let’s just say that statistics might kill me, but it won’t kill me. 😉
7. Katherine: Who is the love of your life?
Oh well there’s a complicated question. Can I pick all of the above?
8. Katherine: Do you remember when you first met Alec and Caleb?
I met them both at the party. Alec was sweet and Caleb was an ass. From there, Alec continued to be sweet, and Caleb continued to be an ass. And well, even now, Alec is mostly sweet and Caleb is mostly an ass.
9. Katherine: How did Alec and/or Caleb win your heart?
I don’t know. I knew I needed to be with Alec. It was instantaneous. I’m not one for all that sappy romance crap and maybe it was the drinking or my dress or the fact that I thought he was really Rochester in disguise for a moment, but it was immediate. And with Caleb, it was his cooking. Because he’s an ass, you know with all the killing his brother and such, but damn, he makes a good lasagna.
10. Katherine: If Alec or Caleb were to describe you in one word what would it be?
Alec would say something sweet, like I’m beautiful or kind or compassionate. Caleb would probably say I have a nice rack.